You have the opportunity to request a free copy of your consumer file from Consumer Reporting Agencies such as Accurate Background. You may request a free copy of your background report, if one has been prepared by Accurate Background at the request of one of our clients, by contacting our client services team: 800.216.8024 or email@example.com. Whether you are an applicant, candidate, employee or contractor, Accurate Background strives to support you throughout the entire background check process.
Please note that Accurate Background only prepares consumer reports at the request of our clients who previously obtained your written authorization.
You have several ways to request investigation of information on your background check report:
- Fax: By faxing a dispute letter to 855.785.4434
- Email: By emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: By calling Accurate Background at 800.216.8024
- Mail: By mailing your dispute letter to:
7515 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Please include the following information with your dispute request:
- Full name
- Confirmation or ID number
- Social Security Number (do not provide if sending via email)
- Daytime phone number
- Copy of driver license or photo ID (please enlarge and ensure copy is clear and legible)
- Describe the specific incorrect information and the nature of your dispute
- Documents to support your dispute (if available)
- Your signature
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, please visit this page: FAQs.
For additional questions, please email our Dispute Department at email@example.com.